Tuesday 8 July 2014

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt 2014: On the street


Hi again.

I like to group my random scavenger hunt photos together under a theme and today's were all captured while I was out and about on the street.

[The hunt is hosted by Rinda over at Gallo Organico - drop by Rinda's for the full details].

No.6: An urban street scene
This was taken just off the high street in Stockton [on-Tees] and I was trying to capture the teenagers and their make-shift skateboard ramp because that seemed like a pretty urban thing to document.

But I  didn't really want them to see what I was doing ... which resulted in them not exactly being the focal point of the shot.  You might just be able to make them out in the background!

Here's something a bit closer for you ...

No.17: A lamp post 
In amongst all the Tour de France Grand Depart decorations in Harrogate [all the bunting and bikes spray-painted yellow I mentioned in my June Month in Numbers post] I spotted a suitably Victorian style lamp post in this historic spa town.

And, still in Harrogate, but not so picturesque is my version of ...

No.5: A rack of postcards
That's a lot of primary colours isn't it? This was outside The Works, where I'd just bought some stationary and some zebra-print duct tape. Why wouldn't I?

Now, while I certainly didn't notice this at the time ... when I looked at this shot on my laptop screen I realised I'd caught my friend Janet still browsing inside the shop. Then I looked closer still, over Janet's head, and saw another face. Facing forwards ... one of the shop assistants was staring out at me!!
Can you see him? I know the resolution isn't great with me zooming in so far. But look under the 'What will you discover?' sign.

Clearly what I was going to discover was him inside watching me outside taking a photo of the rack of postcards ... although I'm now wondering if he thought I was taking his photo.

Which in a way I was!

I'm not sure if it counts, but if I don't find a better one before the end of summer, I think I'll use him as my: No. 10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)

Thanks for dropping in on me today.

I might not see your comments for a few days as I'm away from my emails, but please don't let that put you off saying 'hi'. It'll be nice to open them once I'm re-internetified.

Julie x

10 comments:

  1. I was giggling at your lurker. He has the what is she taking my photo for look not realising the postcards were your actually subject.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet those skate boarders would have loved to have their photograph taken! Your lurker is a little creepy, I think.
    rinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great time!

    I love your version of a photo bomb..it's the polite version! When I think of photo bombing I always hear my Mum's voice in my head telling me to keep out of the way of somebody else's photo. So this sort of unintentional one is a winner for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. That photo reminds me of those puzzles you see on FB... the more you stare the picture comes clearer... I didn't see him at first but once I did thats all I can see is his questioning look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had more trouble spotting your friend than the shop assistant! Plus a very elegant lamp post. You are racing ahead ... Hoping you are having a lovely time :).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just thought to myself that that looked liked Janet before I read it.xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course, I had to go back to the rack of postcards shot to see if I could spot him! A very pretty lamp post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The lurker counts as a photobomb, for sure.
    And thank you very much for my p/c, which arrived on Tuesday ~ very appropriate for me that James was at Waddington!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I must know ... what is the zebra-print duct tape for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ... I don't know really! It was just there, and zebra-printy, and it seemed an awful shame to leave it in the shop!! It'll probably come in useful for a mini book spine or something like that at some point! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for leaving me a comment, asking me a question, sharing your own story or just randomly saying hello.